Wednesday, November 9, 2011

German Choir.

This is the second semester that I have taken German Choir. Basically, we just get together and sing songs in German. There are no language requirements or previous singing experience necessary to take the course.

I thought that not requiring previous singing experience would make the songs easy to learn. However, this semester all of the songs have been extremely difficult. We are preparing for the Adventsingen in December. We were expecting to sing songs like Silent Night and O Christmas Tree. Instead, we are singing several Baroque pieces that nobody has ever heard of.

With such difficult music, I expected to be fully engaged in class trying to learn the notes. But for the past 3 classes, I have actually fallen asleep while singing. I don't think anybody has noticed yet. While I love to sing, I also love to nap. It's a win-win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment