Monday, November 7, 2011

Procrastination at its Worst.

I am a procrastinator. I'm not really ashamed because who isn't a procrastinator is some way or another? But this year it seems like my procrastination has become worse than ever. This is because I am taking three writing classes this semester. I hate writing more than any other school task, so this semester has felt like torture.

My procrastination in the past usually involved leaving homework assignments until the night before they were due and then working on them until about 2:00 in the morning. While this situation was never desirable (especially in my senior year of high school when I got up at 5:00am for a zero period choir class), I was able to manage it.

Jump to this year. All of my assignments are now writing papers which means that I have even more motivation to procrastinate than ever. While I used to stay up and finish homework before going to bed, I have now taken to the habit of going to bed at a reasonable hour and waking up at 5:00 to complete my assignments. I have to get ready for school at 7:00 which means I complete the majority of my homework in a rushed two hour period every morning.

I used to not be ashamed of my procrastination, but now I am. There is no excuse for going to bed when I have homework. (Exhaustion is not a good excuse.) So I am hoping that by admitting that I have a problem publicly, I will be motivated to get things done a bit earlier so that I can get a full eight hours of sleep every night (Ha!).

No comments:

Post a Comment