Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo.

Here is my attempt at NaBloPoMo again. I tried it last year, but I think I only made it to day six before school stress took over. I can't promise that I'll make it to the end, but hopefully I can make it a little bit further.

Since my last blog post was in April, this post will be a general overview of what I have been doing in the past six months:

After Winter semester at BYU, I went home to Portland, OR to help my mom with some things. The plan was for my brother to be in Japan on a foreign exchange trip, but the big earthquake in Japan hit 10 days before he was supposed to leave, so his ten month trip got canceled. Since my brother was still home, my mother actually didn't need that much help. Some things that I did do was vacuum the stairs. Every day... I don't know how it happened, but I would vacuum and then ten minutes later, the stairs would be dirty again. I also tried to focus on my health by keeping a nutrition log of everything I ate (without counting calories) and how much I exercised. I had fun trying to find new exciting recipes that were healthy and yet still tasted good. In also enjoyed volunteering at the food pantry every week. It was nice to catch up with old friends while helping others.

In June, my family drove me back to Provo for Summer semester. I had never attended a spring or summer semester before so I was kind of nervous. I was also taking difficult classes (Economics and 2nd year Humanities). But it turned out to be a lot of fun. I balanced my busy academic schedule by taking Beginner Tennis and Flexibility. I can't forget that I went to see Harry Potter 7.2 on the night that it came out! Summer semester turned out to be a lot of fun. I would love to attend another summer semester in the future.

In between Summer and Fall semesters I went home again to actually see my brother off to Japan. His trip which had previously been canceled got shortened into a six month trip. Michael is currently in japan and will return to America to finish his senior year of high school in February.

Fall semester started in late August. Immediately after getting back to Provo I started working at the Heleman Creamery as a grocery cashier. It's not my dream job, but it will do for now. I also went with my roommate on a trip to Arches National Park. (I will talk more about that in a later post.) I am now almost half way through what has turned into the hardest semester of my college career. I am taking three writing classes, which are all trying to kill me at the moment.

Some things to look forward to this month are:
- Working the last two football games which both start after 7pm in the middle of November.
- Thanksgiving Break, during which I will attempt to work 40 hours.
- Black Friday. My roommate has never been Black Friday shopping before so she and I are going to wake up at 4:00 am and see what's out there. As usual I will admire how amazing all of the sales are, but will buy almost nothing. (Last year I bought a scarf).
- New York City. At the end of the month, Steven and I are going to go visit my sister who lives in Queens. Things we plan to do are see Van Gogh's "Starry Night" (one of my life goals), play with my sister's cats, and take the water taxi to IKEA.

I can already tell that NaBloPoMo is going to be hard. Here's hoping I can keep it up! Ready, Set, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment